In compliance with Washington state Covid pandemic regulations, LCARA functions remain suspended until regulations permit in-person meetings. At that time LCARA will reconsider its options. Periodic substitute Zoom virtual meetings will be announced to the membership via email.
Club meetings are held at the LCARA Clubhouse: 966 Lone Oak Rd., Longview WA. Currently, meetings are centered around different topics on Wednesday nights. The special focus meetings are a great time to learn tips and techniques about different operating modes plus practice getting on the air.
- 1st Wednesday – Cowlitz ACS Meeting at LCARA starting at 7:00pm
- 2nd Wednesday – Presentation Night at LCARA starting at 7:00pm
- 3rd Wednesday – LCARA Business Meeting at LCARA starting at 7:00pm
- 4th Wednesday – Technical Committee meeting
- 5th Wednesday – Social Night with Pot Luck Dinner and/or Deserts / Snacks at LCARA starting at 6:30pm
- 3rd Saturday - HF/VHF Operation & Training Day, 10am to 3pm
The December meeting is a dinner meeting and social event where no business is conducted.
Watch for updates as meeting times and dates may change because of unforeseen activities. Winter weather conditions may occasionally require a change in meeting location.
Upcoming event information will be posted here as it becomes available.
- ELT Training is to be held (tentatively) on the third Saturday of each month. If you are interested in participating, please contact Randy (NU7D@W7DG.org) for more information.
ARRL Exam Schedule:
2022 LCARA Licensing Exams
All exam sessions will be held at the LCARA Clubhouse unless otherwise noted. We only take pre-registrations, no walk-ins. If you are interested, please pre-register via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb 12, 2022, 10am - Noon
May 14, 2022, 10am - Noon
- Aug 13, 2022, 10am - Noon
- Nov 12, 2022, 10am - Noon
Exam Candidates are REQUIRED to register in the FCC CORES system and receive a Federal Registration Number (FRN) before exam day.
CORES registration is done online at:
Click the "Register" button underneath "Need a Username?".
Pre-registration is required.
Contact us at email@example.com for information or to register.
- Exam Fee: $15.00 (Cash Only!)
- Exams are open to first-time licensees or upgrades:
Technician, General and Extra class exams will be given.
- Click here for information on what you'll need to bring. ARRL: What to Bring to an Exam Session
- For those wishing to upgrade their license: Bring original and photocopy of radio license, original and photocopies of pending CSCEs, picture ID, pencil(s) and a calculator (optional).
- Pre-exam study online: http://www.qrz.com/
(You have to sign up for a free account to access the practice exams, but this is a website you'll probably want to join anyway once you're licensed.)
Additional exam sessions at the LCARA clubhouse can be arranged if there is sufficient interest. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Exam Results: Welcome New Hams and License Upgrades!
- VE Exam on May 14, 2022 resulted in four new Technicians. Congratulations to all!
W7DG Business Meeting Minutes (PDF files):